CAIM Treatment & Rehabilitation

CAIM Treatment & Rehabilitation
www.caimindia.org

Monday, February 19, 2007

Art of Living

Today we have the opportunity to take the art of living course here in the treatment center. This is a great chance for us to learn how to control our emotions and learn proper meditation and breathing techniques. I am very excited at this chance since I have been told by loved ones to take the course. I have been a volunteer at the 25th year celebrations at Jakku AirField, but did not attend the course personally. I have great problems with dealing with my emotions on a daily basis. Since being off chemical addictions I have been on a roller coaster of emotions from Anger to Depression, to slight moments of happiness. I hope leaning the techniques thought by Guru Gi's instructors will benefit me in my life. I hope to live a life more stable than before, since my life has been a crazy movie until now. Hopefully through the help of my higher power I can stabilize my life and fulfill my dreams of a bright future.

Yesterday I had a meeting with my guardian/sponsor and the head of the treatment center where I was grilled about my recovery and where my life is headed. I was very stout on not changing, but now I realize that people here are trying to direct me in a positive way of life, VS my old habits of self destructive nature of living which I had in the past. I had a good conversation with my father the other day, after a very long time. This was probably the most I would have spoken to my dad in 20+yrs. But I still have great emotions when speaking to my family since I have never really spoken to them when I had lived with them, was always abusing some chemical or the other. I just hope they can see my dreams and understand where I wish to be in life. I understand in my life that everything happens for a reason, just that I can't see this at times when my mind is clouded. But I can see there are people who have been brought into my life here in India who "care". Not like the users I had as so called friends/associates in the past. I just hope to be back into society soon, my plan is to settle in Japan, yet my family doesn't agree. I feel my life should be back under my control soon, where I am able to make my own decisions without my family cribbing.

No comments:

© NA Way Webring Logo

This NA Way Webring site is owned by

CAIM

Keep coming back...It Works...when you work it !!!

[ Skip Prev | Prev | List | Join | Random | Next | Skip Next ]

Copyright © 2000-2003 NA Way Webring